Awards and Wins

Wednesday 18 July 2018

Never Grow Up




I made this card for a dear friend of mine (father) who needs to lighten up a tad.  I used three stamp sets from Art Impressions, "Lifetime, Boy & Girl Mini (sentiment) and WC Dog".  I reversed stamped the dog as I wanted him to face the other direction.  I did that by stamping him on a piece of acetate and then putting the acetate face down on my card front and rubbing the image.  It didn't come out quite as clear as I wanted, but was fine as it was a dog and dogs are shaggy.  The window die is also from Art Impressions.  The "Starry Night Sky" is a die from Sue Wilson.  I designed the curtains on my Silhouette Cameo.  I put a "Mini Action Wobble" under my Birthday Boy to allow him to dance up a storm.  I coloured the dog and Birthday Boy using my copics.  I sketched the floor and then applied Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen.  The walls were coloured with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Cracked Pistachio.  I embossed the sentiment and added white and black Nuvo Crystal Drops.


Note for Dies R Us:  Die used was Sue Wilson's "Starry Night Sky".



Challenges entered:

Art Impression Challenge 236 - Masculine Card
http://artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com/2018/07/challenge-236-masculine-cards-week-2.html

Dies R Us Challenge 101 - Birthdays
http://diesruschallenge.blogspot.com/2018/07/challenge-101-birthdays.html

Cute N Crafty Challenge 5 - Anything Goes (Parents Day Optional)
https://cutencraftychallengeblog.blogspot.com/2018/07/challenge-5-anything-goes-parents-day.html

The Crafter's Cafe Challenge 200 - Lots of Layers
https://crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.com/2018/07/200-lots-of-layers.html

5 comments:

  1. Oh, what a fun card! Love the starry night sky and the guy image with all the balloons...lol...so fun! Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun, great card. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Lots of Layers" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG what a fun birthday scene you have created! Looks like the dog thinks this guy has gone a bit 'off his rocker' lol. Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Birthday’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable scene you've created! I love that hardwood floor. Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions.

    ReplyDelete